In partnership with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the American Bar Association’s Disaster Legal Services Program and the State Bar of New Mexico’s Young Lawyer Division will be hosting an in person legal resources and assistance clinic for survivors of the New Mexico wildfires.
Please join us in-person on: Saturday, July 23 • 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
New Mexico Highlands University 801 University, Las Vegas, NM 87701 Help is contingent on volunteer attorneys
Individuals who qualify for assistance will meet with New Mexico lawyers who will provide free, limited legal advice and assistance. This clinic is primarily for survivors/ victims from Colfax, Lincoln, Mora, San Miguel, Valencia counties.
Attorneys will be able to provide advice regarding various legal issues related to the fires to include but not limited to:
- Assistance with securing FEMA and other benefits available to disaster survivors
- Assistance with life, medical, and property insurance claims
- Help with home repair contracts and contractors
- Replacement of important legal documents destroyed in the disaster
- Assistance with consumer protection matters, remedies, and procedures
- Counseling on landlord/tenant and mortgage/foreclosure problems
- Other legal issues such as bankruptcy, civil rights, insurance, family law, and employment law
If you have any further questions, please contact Morgan Pettit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-797-6039.